More Oversight Opportunities
We offer additional oversight opportunities for Wayne law students including regular career panels, Wayne Law Review editions focused on oversight, legislation courses, and much more.
Levin Center Student Group
Wayne law students are invited to join the Levin Center Student Group at the law school. Group members can help design and sponsor at least one educational panel per year for the law school on a topic within the Center’s oversight or civil discourse missions, assist high school students conducting model oversight hearings, apply for Levin Center legal research positions, or support other Levin Center activities. Get in touch to join the Levin Center student group.
The Levin Center periodically sponsors panels of lawyers who work in oversight related fields so that Wayne Law students can learn more about the work and consider possible career paths.
- Careers in Government Panel for Wayne Law Students (Fall 2019)
- Careers in Corporate Government Relations Panel (Spring 2019)
- Careers in Government: Inspectors General (Fall 2020)
- Career Paths in State Government Panel (Spring 2021)
- Federal Agencies’ General Counsel’s Office (Fall 2021)
- Careers in Financial Regulation and Enforcement (Spring 2022)
- Legal Careers in Congress (Fall 2022)
Watch our recent career panel on "Legal Careers in Congress (Fall 2022)"
October 13, 2022
Wayne Law Review - Oversight Edition and Symposium
In even-numbered years, the Levin Center works with the Wayne Law Review to sponsor a symposium examining an oversight theme, followed by a law review edition dedicated to articles addressing the related oversight issues. Law students can apply for a spot on the law review and ask to work on these oversight matters
- 2018 “Oversight in the 21st Century – Symposium – Law Review edition
- 2020 “Congressional Oversight of Science and Technology” – Online symposium panels – Law Review edition
- 2022 “Oversight of America’s Infrastructure Agenda and the Impact of Federalism on the Transparency, Accountability, and Effectiveness of our Infrastructure Investments” – Online symposium panels
Wayne Journal of Law in Society Symposium
In odd-numbered years, the Levin Center works with the Wayne Journal of Law in Society to sponsor a symposium or panel on a topic meriting civil discourse. Law students can apply for a spot on the Journal and work on these events
Wayne Law Oversight Course
Wayne Law oversight course: Each academic year, Wayne Law School offers a course on legislation which includes examination of matters related to oversight.